Monday 5 November 2018

DAHN TO MARGIT

Saturday morning bleary eyed from the Friday night out,I eventually see that a White Billed Diver is at Walpole Bay Foreness,this I had to see.A little over half an hour later I joined messrs Holt ,Roberts and Andrew Lipzinscki on the cliff top watching this receding speck drifting away on the ebbing tide.
Nevertheless it showed well enough through the scope.
HEAVILY CROPPED SHOT OF THE WHITE BILLED DIVER


 DISTANT RECORD SHOT OF THE WHITE BILLED DIVER
 TANKERS AT ANCHOR IN MARGATE ROADS-STEN FJELL
 CLYDE FISHER
 STELLA ORION.
It was a first for me in the UK but had seen a couple in Svalbaard last year.
Now then that's that I thought until next morning I find through the magic of Twitter it has relocated to St Mildreds Bay at Westgate so seeking further amusement off to Fannit once more.Late on parade again the ebb tide was sweeping it down towards Margate. I eventually caught up with it but it was still a fair way offshore,but with the sun shining it was much better.
 WBD
 WBD
 WBD
WBD
On the walk back to the car there were a few other bits and pieces knocking about on the beach.
 CURLEW
 CURLEW
 CURLEW
 RINGED PLOVERS
 REDSHANKS
 SMERALDO
 CLYDE FISHER
ANTHONY GORMLEYS IRON MAN OUTSIDE THE TURNER CONTEMPORARY
Monday November 5th the bird is still there and so was I about half hour later,it took a bit of finding though,started of at St Mildreds then was told it had flown towards Foreness so I went there and worked back towards Margate,I was just about to give up and go home when I found it drifting east down towards the pumping station,so I followed it down eventually joining up with another group of birders under the sewage plant.The sun went in at this point when the bird was at its closest,typical.


 I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO FLY BUT IT DIDN`T.
IT KEPT GOING EAST ON THE TIDE.
 THE CLOSEST ENCOUNTER

AND THE SUN DISAPPEARS



Other birds seen and photographed today.....
 SANDERLING
 GANNET

 ROCK PIPIT
 WITH A GAMMY LEG.
 LITTLE EGRETS
 OYSTERCATCHERS






Did you think that was it well it wasn`t,just a few more from Botany Bay.







THE VERY LAST PHOTO I TOOK OF IT...GOODBYE MARGIT UNTIL THE NEXT TIME, THANKS TO ALL YOU THANET GUYS FOR FINDING IT.


No comments:

Post a Comment