Monday 6 December 2010

PROSPECTING FOR GOLD

BIRD ON A WIRE
LOOK OUT BELOW
WAXWINGwith rowan berry
WAXWINGDISTANT RED BREASTED MERGANSER
 Apart from going out for liquid refreshments in the evenings I spent three days in my igloo last week emerging on Sunday morning when the snow had gone.Dover harbour had up to 30 great crested Grebes  a pair of red breasted mergansers and the usual gulls and cormorants.Hythe has had a flock of up to 39 waxwings in Prospect Road so I took the opportunity to visit my old stamping ground to catch up with these beautiful scandinavian visitors,I was not disappointed either.Seventeen of them were feeding sporadically on the rowan berries and they were attracting quite a bit of interest from birders and locals alike.The light was not brilliant while I was there but I`ve done my best with the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment