Monday 1 February 2021

JANUARY 2021

 Another year another lockdown.Birding restricted to local walks,luckily I have double bubbles to fall into for a bit of variety.I am though missing my visits to Dungeness, Sandwich Bay,Stodmarsh, Oare Marshes and Reculver which are a fundamental part of New Year birdwatching.However I have made the most of my exercise walks and am still able to volunteer at Samphire Hoe unlike the first lockdown.

KINGFISHER was still attracting lots of admirers in Russell Gardens on new years day.
-
-
GREY WAGTAIL on the Dour
LITTLE EGRET only one seen at Barton Path on my New Years Day Dour Dawdle.
PURPLE SANDPIPER at Hythe
-
Another visit to Russell Gardens and Bushy Ruff
-
FIRECREST 
WIGEON A lonely female on the Bushy Ruff lake.
-
TURNSTONE near the Admiralty Pier.

 

BLACKCAP one of three seen in my garden.
TREE SPARROW seen with the Yellowhammer flock in Langdon Hole.
-
KESTREL Langdon Hole.
BULLFINCH  record shot of an increasingly rare bird.
KINGFISHER at Folkestone Harbour.I have seen at least 6 local Kingfishers this year so far including one flying along the railway line at Samphire Hoe.
-
MEDITERRANEAN GULL- FOLKESTONE HARBOUR,starting to get its black head for the breeding season.
COMMON GULL at BUSHY RUFF 
GREAT NORTHERN DIVER has spent the month off Sandgate

-
-
-GREAT NORTHERN DIVER.
GANNETS GALORE passing Samphire Hoe on Sunday the 24th.
possibly heading back to Bempton Cliffs or Bass Rock 
-
WREN at Samphire Hoe they are starting to sing and claim territory already.
RAZORBILL at Samphire Hoe.
-
Kents scarcest Tit the MARSH TIT it was worth the hike up to Scotland Common to see .

-

-
DRAKE MALLARD so often taken for granted 
SKYLARKS are in plentiful supply up on the cliffs and are singing superbly.
CORN BUNTINGS also taking advantage of the weedy fields on the cliffs.
this one keeping its eye out for the local peregrine?.
Good news I got to my 72nd birthday on the 23rd and had my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on the 28th hopefully will get my second dose soon,we will see.
TTFN.



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the vaccine Phil. I'm too young to qualify !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete