Wednesday 7 April 2010

RAVENOUS KITTIWAKES

Since I last posted a week ago Ihave been out and about mainly on langdon cliffs hoping for a siting of an alpine swift there ,to no avail alas.However the ravens appear to have moved from langdon to nearer south foreland ,a much better post code I suppose,this move has allowed the kittiwakes to return to the cliffs above langdon bay though.Yesterday tuesday found me doing my lone ranger impression at Samphire Hoe,Tonto is on holiday,its still very quiet on the migrant front with just three chiffs and two wheatears found, however the resident black redstarts ,four singing male stonechats, and I assume last years breeding kestrels were about. Today it was back to the cliffs but still very quiet with just a single swallow and a few chiffs and blackcaps in song at the top of south foreland valley.five distant buzzards were spotted by Colin Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment