Friday 19 March 2010

tits and kites











Earlier this week Ivisited blean woods to try to find lesser spotted woodpecker, eventually I was successful and located a female bird feeding in the birches,too distant for photos,in the same small patch there were two nuthatches and three treecreepers.I also sa



w a pair of marsh tits and a buzzard flew over the canopy.On the way home at the bottom of lydden hill a pair of red kites caught my eye cruising over a field that was being ploughed, parking the car safely ,i managed to get a few pics but the light was not great, I wonder if these two birds are a pair , would it not be great if they stayed and bred, its only a matter of time me thinks.


I had to go to folkestone too this week and thought Iwould catch up with the med gulls on the east cliff. When I worked in folkestone I regularly shared my lunch with them ,it was good to see them thriving.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phil,
    I'm pleasded to find that I wrote down your address correctly!
    Great photos, and I look forward to reading more in future.
    Re the kites, apparently some have been fed over the winter in East Kent, and I've seen one at Northbourne and at Kingsdown in the last couple of weeks.
    All the best,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete