Sunday 31 March 2024

ALIEN

 On the last night in Costa Rica I was stung by something on my upper arm,the only bite/sting of the trip.After getting home the wound didnt get better so after a couple of weeks I went to the ICU at Buckland hospital ,the first course of anti biotics had no effect,so had a second course ,at the end of which on Sunday morning I squeezed the lump and an alien emerged,but not fully,so back to ICU where IT was prodded,poked and squeezed but they couldn`t budge it,by now every nurse and doctor in the place had come to see my baby,they eventually came to the conclusion that I would have to go to A&E at William Harvey to have it surgically removed.

THE ALIEN EMERGES


So off we trot to Ashford where A&E is quite busy but not too bad,anyway two hours later I am called in to see the doc where I am prodded and poked some more,and more and more nurses came to see eventually one nurse with strong thumbs squeezed the little bugger out and it shot up into the doctors face puss and blood everywhere!luckily he had donned a mask and wore glasses.

LARVA OF A PARASITIC FLY OR WASP I ASSUME.


The offending larva was still born thankfully was potted up and hopefully given a decent burial.

You will be pleased to know that after another course of antibiotics my arm is healed .


No comments:

Post a Comment