Tuesday 8 November 2011

LIGHT SNOW AT THE HOE

It was  very quiet  at Samphire Hoe today,hardly any visitors,just me and the sheep for company,the poor old ram has done himself a mischief and has gone lame,no fun for him for a while.
Blackbirds,redwings robins and song thrushes filled the bushes half a dozen stonechats were found, two flocks of siskins flew east and solitary wheatear and black redstart were on the sea wall.Best of all though was a snow bunting picking about the rock sea lavender on the wall.It was so dull I hadn`t bothered to take my camera out so I hightailed it back to the office picked up my trusty nikon and went back to the wall,luckily the male bird was still happily feeding,Ipushed the ISO up to 800 before getting a reasonable shutter speed and clicked off a few shots before leaving him to his seed eating.
SNOW BUNTING

BLACK REDSTART.

THE HOE WILL BE CLOSED TOMORROW (WEDNESDAY) AND THURSDAY 10TH FOR ESSENTIAL TRAFFIC LIGHT WORK.

No comments:

Post a Comment