Friday 25 July 2014

IS THERE HONEY STILL FOR TEA ?

This morning I reported for special duties at General Mcvails,having been blinfolded and sworn to secrecy I was taken to a secret location to watch out for buzzards,not your common or garden buzzards but honey buzzards.We didn`t have to wait long before two birds took to the air and circled around in the distance.
 THE REAL PHOTOGRAPH
 CROPPED PHOTOGRAPH
One of them came a little closer as it sailed into the breeze.
In all four birds were seen.

                                         COMMON BUZZARD
THE GENERAL Saluting his troops.
An outbreak of Peacock butterflies in the garden this week,I found this one warming up in the early morning sunshine.
PEACOCK
I walked through Folkestone Warren on wednesday in the hope of finding a Grayling,no luck unfortunately they are like hens teeth these days,they may even have gone altogether.
Two ravens made their presence known by" cronking" from the cliff.
                                                               RAVEN
                                                      JERSEY TIGER
Failed to see Grayling in East Sussex on thursday too
 SMALL BLUE
 DARK GREEN FRITILLARY
ROUND HEADED RAMPION A CHAMPION FLOWER OF ANCIENT CHALK GRASSLAND,but not found in Kent
 PANORAMA FROM WINDOVER HILL
 The grassland was absolutely covered in chalk hill blues

After a brief pit stop here I made my way home,but with one last call at Lydden Bank hoping for the last of Kents resident butterflies to have emerged and indeed they had,just three but its a start.
 THE FIRST SILVER SPOTTED SKIPPER



SILVER SPOTTED SKIPPER

3 comments:

  1. Photos 4 and 5 look like Common Buzzards to me. Might be wrong but they have that feel to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you are right I had Honey in my head when typing,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blasted graylings!
    The Warren is inaccessible enough but the Sussex downs are a hard tramp - I'll have to revisit Lullington Heath again soon.

    ReplyDelete